UTAH STATE LAWS
<<Go Back to States
<<Go Back to UT Definition
R251-110-1. Authority and Purpose.
(1) This rule is authorized under Sections 63G-3-201, 64-13-10, and 77-27-21.5, of the Utah Code.
(2) The purpose of the rule is to define the registrant requirement and process for obtaining sex offender registration information.
(1) As used in this section:
(a) "Department" means Utah Department of Corrections;
(b) "registrant" means any individual who is registered under UCA 77-27-21.5, of the Utah Code; and
(c) "Sex Offender Registration Unit" means the unit of the Department assigned to manage the state's sex offender registration program, sex offender information files and disseminate information on sex offenders.
R251-110-3. Registrant Requirements.
(1) A sex offender as defined under Section 77-27-21.5, of the Utah Code, shall adhere to the provisions in stated code.
(2) Registrants shall sign the Utah Sex Offender Registration Form and the Sex Offender Address Form upon each request.
R251-110-4. Public Access to Sex Offender Registry.
(1) If members of the public do not have access to the sex offender registry website, they may request sex offender registration information from the Department's Sex Offender Registration Unit.
(a) Requests may be in writing with a return address and telephone number.
(b) Requests shall be sent to the Utah Department of Corrections, Sex Offender Registration Unit, 14717 S. Minuteman Drive, Draper, Utah 84020.
(c) If a requestor changes his residence after having submitted a request, but prior to receiving a response from the Department, it is the requestor's obligation to file another request with a current return address and telephone number.
(d) Members of the public may request information by telephone.
R251-110-5. Instructions for Use of the Information.
(1) Information compiled for this registry may not be used to harass or threaten sex offenders or their families.
(2) Harassment, stalking, or threats are prohibited and doing so may violate Utah criminal law.