• Do you know that the RCMP actively maintains a registry of all convicted sex offenders living in Canada?
• Did you know that only the police and certain government officials have access to it?
• With a reconviction rate of nearly 40% for certain types of sex offenders (especially those that molest children), donít you think you should know who is around your children and what their intentions might be?
• Would you rather find out that a convicted sex offender is near you before they hurt someone you love or after?
Cyber-Safety.com and FamilyWatchdog.us have joined forces to petition the Canadian Government to open the Canadian Sex Offender Registry to the public. As it stands only police in Canada have access to this vital safety information about registered sex offenders, and they use it to investigate crimes that have been committed against our children. They wait until a crime has been committed, a child lost, before they use this information. That in and of itself is a crime.
MANY OF THE RAPES AND MOLESTATIONS THAT WILL OCCUR IN CANADA IN THE FUTURE ARE PREVENTABLE! By informing the public about the presence of these dangerous individuals, families can remove their loved ones from situations where they are likely to come in contact with these known and convicted sexual predators.
We believe if an individual is so dangerous to the community that the National Police track where they live, where they work, and what they drive, the community should know about their presence. History is a predictor of the future. Families should be able to protect their loved ones, secure in the knowledge of who has perpetrated a sex crime in the past.
In the United States, www.familywatchdog.us has been instrumental in helping protecting millions of families from sex offenders BEFORE an offence occurs. We are focused on PREVENTION, not prosecution. We have received thousands of contacts from our millions of visitors thanking us for telling them that they have neighbors, church members, family friends, and even close family members that are registered sex offenders, in many cases who have molested children. Sadly, some of these predators had already molested someone close to the visitor.
Please join our grass-roots effort to open the Canadian Sex Offender Registry to all Canadians so that you can see who is living in your neighbourhood and who poses a threat to you or your loved ones. Please sign our on-line petition below. Your voice matters!
A child molester will never tell you they want to molest your children. It only takes one predator to ruin the life of someone close to you.
Petition to Parliament
• There is nothing more important to me than the life and well-being of those that I love.
• I would rather prevent sex crimes against our community than prosecute those that commit them.
• I would like to be able to see who around me is a threat to the welfare of my family or other loved ones.
• I will only use this information responsibly as a tool to protect my family and will not harass or bother offenders living nearby.
Please help keep our communities safer by passing legislation that will allow the national sex offender registry maintained by the RCMP to be opened for viewing by the public.
Below is information about the Sex Offender Registry in Canada. It is taken from the RCMP website located at http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/techops/nsor/index_e.htm
Please submit your information on the petition to help keep our children and families protected.
|Rob Nickel||Steve Roddel|
|The Cyber Safety Expert||President & CEO, FamilyWatchdog.us|